Real Experience; Real Knowledge
Successful representation in real estate law matters requires knowledge of and attention to the markets, as well as the law. The real estate attorneys at Felhaber Law Firm in Minneapolis and St. Paul are deeply involved in the latest developments within the real estate industry. Those attorneys recommend and draft proposed real estate legislation, serve as legal counsel to a variety of industry associations, teach seminars, and provide critical information to clients about developments in the real estate industry and the law.
Our team of highly experienced real estate attorneys includes numerous real property specialists. These attorneys are certified as specialists by the Minnesota State Bar Association, and they have a very in-depth understanding of Minnesota real estate law. We work with property owners, developers, builders, homeowners associations, managers, tenants, lenders, contractors, and individual homebuyers.
Our Real Estate Expertise Includes:
Real Estate Acquisitions, Sales and Leasing
Felhaber's real estate attorneys are highly skilled in all aspects of the conveyance and leasing of real estate and have represented buyers, sellers, landlords and tenants, both locally and nationally. These attorneys have extensive experience negotiating, drafting and reviewing leases for a variety of properties, including office buildings, shopping centers, warehouses, industrial facilities, professional sports facilities and single tenant buildings.
- Complex Commercial Leases
- Environmental Matters
- Real Estate Business Entity Formation
- Real Estate Purchase and Sale Contracts
- Residential Leases
- Tax-Free Exchanges
- Title and Survey Review
Real Estate Development and Construction
Felhaber's real estate attorneys have extensive experience in all aspects of real estate development law and construction law, representing real estate contractors, developers and builders.
- Commercial and Industrial Construction
- Commercial Development
- Condominium, Townhome and Cooperative Construction and Development
- Condominium Hotels
- Construction Agreements
- Construction Claims
- Fractional Interest Developments
- Land Use Law Advice
- Master Plan Communities
- Mixed-Use Residential/Commercial Developments
- Multi-family Developments and Other Common Interest Communities
- Planned Communities Construction and Development
- Real Estate Development Agreements
- Zoning, Planning and Government Approvals
Homeowner Association (HOA) Law
Felhaber attorneys represent a significant portion of the metropolitan area homeowners’ associations in legal and practical matters. The firm is a member of the Community Associations Institute (CAI) and a member of the Minnesota Multi-Housing Association.
- General corporate matters, enforcement of covenants and restrictions, and management issues
- Document interpretation and amendments
- Collection of assessments and foreclosure of assessment liens
- Dispute resolution and litigation, including construction defect litigation
- Applicability and options under the Minnesota Common Interest Ownership Act (MCIOA)
- Project development and documents
- Turnover of developer control
Real Estate Financing
Felahber's real estate attorneys represent large, national lenders as well as regional and community financial institutions and buyers in a wide variety of commercial lending transactions.
- Creditors’ Rights and Remedies
- Financing and Refinancing Negotiation and Restructure
- Loan Work-Outs and Restructuring
- Mortgage Foreclosures
- Real Estate Financing
Real Estate Litigation
Among Felhaber’s real estate attorneys are a number of litigators skilled in all areas of real estate related litigation.
- Construction Litigation
- Contract and Lease Litigation
- Eviction Actions
- Land Use Litigation
- Landlord and Tenant Disputes
- Mechanics’ Lien Foreclosures
- Mortgage Foreclosure Law
The property taxation experts at Felhaber serve clients with an awareness and expertise of the tax aspects of each real estate transaction.
- Property Tax Advice
- Property Tax Appeals
Meet Felhaber's Real Estate Attorneys
Fredrick R. Krietzman, Felhaber Real Estate Section Co-Chair
James A. Blomquist
Wendy M. Brekken
J. Patrick Brinkman
David M. Cremons
David B. Eide
Jon L. Farnsworth
Marnie E. Fearon
Jennifer A. Forbes
Molly A. Gherty
Timothy J. Hassett
Christopher S. Hayhoe
Jacob C. Hendricks
Daniel R. Kelly
Mark S. Radke
Richard C. Salmen
Randy J. Sparling
Russell J. Sudeith, Jr.
Richard R. Voelbel
Stephen E. Yoch
Karen R. Kees
Learn more about how Felhaber's real estate experts can help you.