Corporate Immigration Law
Talent acquisition through foreign nationals
In today’s highly competitive employment arena, corporations and institutional employers rely on hiring just the right talent, whether from inside or outside of the U.S. The Felhaber Immigration Team provides comprehensive services for employers seeking to tap into a global talent pool by attracting, recruiting and retaining professionals, physicians, executives, managers, scholars, medical professionals, or other individuals with extraordinary ability in science, technology, education, math, the arts, business, athletics, movies, or television.
The Immigration Practice Group develops solutions that cater to diverse recruiting and retention goals of employers. Our attorneys focus on various non-immigrant and immigrant classifications, including other immigration-related benefits.
Felhaber is the firm of choice for corporations requiring assistance with:
Non Immigrant (Temporary) Petitions
- O-1: We have successfully qualified foreign nationals with extraordinary ability or significant professional achievement in the sciences, education, business, or athletics under this classification
- TN: Our attorneys have extensive experience filing TN cases for Canadian and Mexican citizens based on NAFTA provisions
- L-1: The Felhaber Immigration Team has a depth of experience handling L-1 intra-company transferees for multinational corporations. We also have extensive experience handling changes from L-1B to L-1A and converting L-1A petitions for subsequent First-Preference Immigrant benefits
- H-1B: Our team has extensive experience handling new H-1B cases and extensions for positions including high level executives, managers, physicians, researchers, scientists, IT professionals, and a variety of other professionals
Immigrant (Permanent) Petitions
- Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researcher: Our team is highly experienced in filing Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researcher/Professor immigrant petitions for university clients, health care organizations, as well as other corporate clients including Fortune 500 employers
- National Interest Waiver: Our group has significant experience filing petitions to establish academic or professional contributions to chosen fields of endeavor that are important to U.S. interests
- Multinational Executive/Manager: We have routinely filed petitions for high-level executives, and functional managers employed by multinational corporations
- Labor Certification: Team members create efficient solutions for the preparation and submission of PERM-based Labor Certifications to the U.S. Department of Labor for a wide variety of professionals
- Adjustment of Status Application: We have significant experience filing family and employment-based adjustment of status applications
- I-130 Immigrant Visa Petition: Felhaber attorneys have extensive experience qualifying spouses, children, parents and siblings of U.S. Citizens or U.S. Permanent Residents
- K Fiancée Visas: Our firm can assist with the preparation and filing of K visas for spouses and fiancées of U.S. citizens
- Dependent Status: The Felhaber team will work to ensure that dependents of foreign nationals are able to take full advantage of their time in the U.S.
- Citizenship: Whether applying for citizenship through naturalization or claiming citizenship by other means, Felhaber attorneys can help clients navigate the process from application to interview
Other Immigration Matters
- Immigration Appeals: Our team has experience successfully contesting decisions made by the U.S. Department of Labor and immigration authorities
- J-1 Waivers: Felhaber attorneys have experience obtaining waivers based on hardship, persecution, sponsorship by an interested government agency and filings based on National Interest Waiver standards
- Consular Processing: Our team will ensure clients are prepared for visa interviews and inspections at U.S. border posts or U.S. ports of entry