Navigating the Changing Sea of Regulation
Healthcare providers striving to provide quality health care can face enormous legal challenges and risks. Likewise, those doing business with healthcare providers need to be aware of the often-changing sea of regulation. The knowledgeable health law attorneys at Felhaber can help you to make sense of the latest changes and to come up with practical solutions and approaches for staying in compliance with applicable state and federal health laws.
Felhaber's health law attorneys have been working with hospitals, HMOs, nursing homes, clinics, physicians and physician's groups, ASCs, home health providers, clinical labs, dentists, and other healthcare providers in the Upper Midwest for over 50 years. We understand the legal ramifications of the administrative and compliance issues facing the industry today. And, if the need arises, our trial attorneys are experienced in the intricacies of medical malpractice litigation, false claims act and anti-kickback white collar criminal defense, and other healthcare defense litigation.
Felhaber health law attorneys represent some of the major hospitals and provider groups of the Upper Midwest, bringing the added benefits that working with such a large and diverse client group provides. In addition, our newsletter, Practical Health Law, gives you timely articles and helpful and practical insights into the latest developments in the law.
Our Health Law Expertise Includes
- Administrative law – representing clients in licensing board actions, MDH investigations and CMS and OIG audits
- Business transactions between providers – physician hospital services agreements, physician recruiting policies and agreements, joint ventures
- COBRA Compliance – representing health plans and employers in compliance with changing requirements
- Compliance Plans – drafting and reviewing compliance plans to help you stay in compliance with the law
- Employee benefits – advising employers and payers on deferred compensation programs, Cafeteria Plans, Health Savings Accounts, and other employee benefits
- False Claims Act / Medicare and Medicaid Fraud and Abuse – advising clients on billing audits and issues, contracting and structuring transactions to avoid false claims, and defense of anti-kickback, Stark III laws and false claims
- General Health Law Matters – advising clients on informed consent, gainsharing, consent for minors
- Healthcare Trusts – assisting in the creation and management of trusts
- Labor and Employment Law for Health Care Organizations – negotiating labor contracts, labor arbitration and defense and advising providers on labor law issues
- Malpractice Defense – advising and representing providers in malpractice cases
- Medical Staff Bylaws
- Medicare and Medicaid Fraud and Abuse
- Mergers and Acquisitions – integrated delivery, mergers of medical groups and other providers
- Nonprofit Governance – formation of nonprofits, by-laws, conflict of interest policies, tax exempt applications and other legal issues
- Regulatory Compliance Matters - EMTALA, pay-for-performance. HIPAA, CLIA, Stark III, Medical Research and FDA Regulations
- Tax Exempt Bond Financing
Meet Felhaber's Health Law Attorneys:
Learn more about how Felhaber's health law experts can help you.