Legal Administrative Assistant:
Deb Murphy | (612) 373-8513 | firstname.lastname@example.org
"What I really enjoy about practicing law is helping my clients avoid and solve problems."
Steve Yoch provides general corporate advice to a variety of businesses, including manufacturing, real estate, construction and service companies.
Steve's transactional experience includes business acquisition and sale, construction agreements, land acquisition and sale, business contracts, and lease negotiation.
Steve's litigation experience includes contract, shareholder, construction, landlord/tenant, non-compete, probate and copyright claims.
- Business Organizations and Transactional
- General Corporate Law
- Business Acquisition and Sale
- Commercial Contracts
- Real Estate Law
- Construction Law
- Land Acquisition and Sale
- Lease Negotiations
- Landlord Tenant Disputes
- Civil/Commercial Litigation
- J.D., University of Minnesota, cum laude, 1990
- B.A., Boston College (cum laude and Scholar of the College), 1987
- Wisconsin, 2003
- Minnesota, 1990
Professional Certifications, Awards and Designations
- Rated "AV" (highest rating) by Martindale Hubbell Legal Directory
- Super Lawyer® Minneapolis/St. Paul Magazine and Twin Cities Business
Article and Speaking Engagement Topics
Steve has taught or written over 100 times in the last decade. For example:
- "All Breaches Are Not Created Equal – Understanding Default and Breach"
- "Before You Cash That Check..."
- "Can You be Bound by an Arbitration Agreement You Didn't Sign?"
- "Effective Practice: Non-Dispositive Motions"
- "Email: When 'You've Got Mail' Means 'You've Got a Deal'!"
- "Essentials in Protecting Yourself from Personal Liability Claims"
- "FAR OUT! Understanding Changes to Federal Acquisition Regulations to Obtain Stimulus Money"
- "Force Majeure – A Clause for Our Times"
- "From Car Accidents to HVAC Mishaps: Is the Fault Comparative?"
- "Getting Paid in the Event of a General Contractor Bankruptcy"
- "Hey! They stole my plans! Architectural Copyright in Minnesota
- "How Do You Sign a Contract?"
- "Indemnification Agreements – You Want Me to Pay for What?"
- "Insurance Subrogation Clauses – Definition and Application"
- "It's Not Easy Being Green: Legal Pitfalls of Green Construction"
- "I Want Out of the Deal! Minnesota's Statutory Cancellation"
- "Key Warranty Issues"
- "Leasing in Troubled Times: Negotiating and Enforcing Commercial Leases in a Distressed Market"
- "Legal Implications of Building Information Modeling"
- "Legally Running a Company (or Else)"
- "Legal Update – Purchases and Sales in a Challenging Market"
- "Limitation on Damages Clauses – We Made a BIG Mistake!"
- "Modifications of Owners Plans – Cost or Opportunity?"
- "Mortgage Fraud Prosecutions in Minnesota"
- "Negotiating and Completing Commercial Real Estate Closings"
- "Real Estate Deskbook — Property Tax Considerations"
- "Real Estate Disclosure Requirements"
- "Right to Audit Provisions – Trust But Verify"
- "Selecting an Entity and Controlling It"
- "Summary Guide to Construction Claims"
- "The Personal Side to Personal Guarantees"
- "The Tides are Turning - Weathering the Storm of Uncertain Financing"
- "Three Stupid Legal Mistakes in Leases"
- "Warranties 101"
- "Work-Outs, Debt Restructuring, and Other Ways to Stay Financially Fit"
- "You Can't Do That! Restraints on Trade: Non-Competes, Confidentiality and Other Agreements"